This is part two of a three part series I’m sharing detailing how a series of major life experiences left me more convinced than ever that being Positively Focused leads to the best life possible. Part one shared the awesome story of my divorce. This part describes what happened next.
Recall my soon-to-be-ex-wife gave me my marching orders as an ultimatum: leave my house by the end of the month. I had a small amount of money and no stable income. I had no place to live, roughly three weeks to find one, no car and very little other possessions.
But I was happy. More happy than I had been in a long time. I was happy and I had my Inner Being.
I knew that’s all I needed. I knew anything was possible. I looked forward to that possibility….but.
What I needed now was an income
At the time my dominant belief was “income comes from jobs”. Today I don’t believe that at all. Income comes in any way I believe it comes, not just from a job, and that’s what’s happening in my life these days.
Back then, though, faced with needing an income, I didn’t believe what I believe now. I needed a job. I believed in my Inner Being though, and I wanted to use this experience to further strengthen my belief, to turn my belief into knowing that my Inner Being had my back.
My Inner Being at that time told me a job was the best way to income because my dominant beliefs wouldn’t allow any other income to come my way.
But it also said I can look at any job that comes, not as a permanent thing, but as a bridging job that would allow me to bridge my belief and my desire.
My beliefs told me income comes from jobs. But my desire at the time was “I want a reality where money just comes. It’s not dependent on working.”
That eventually happened, but back then, two years ago, I couldn’t jump straight from believing “income comes from jobs” to “income just comes”.
I needed an income while I changed my reality. Thus, the bridging job.
I did it my way
But I wasn’t going to get a job the normal way. I wanted the job through a Positively Focused approach. Having that happen meant remembering five key points:
- Creation rarely happens in an instant. It happens through steadily increasing momentum. The result I want is immediate in non-physical, but, materialization takes a while.
- By the time I know I desire something, it’s done. But its materialization depends on me receiving messages leading me to the doneness. If I’m not open, or in tune, it gets delayed.
- I know I’m ready when I’m consistently Positively Focused. That’s because my Experience of Origin and my Reality of Origin are pure positive energy. Being in tune means experiencing physical reality the same way I experience non-physical reality: with as little resistance possible. Resistance is lowest when Positively Focused.
- Looking for the result slows it down. This is important. Looking for the manifestation puts energy on its absence. Manifestations happen quickest when I’m not looking for them.
- Early signs of manifestations feel like a thought interruption. I know when I’ve received the message when a thought happens that I’m not thinking. Meditation helps condition my mental atmosphere so it isn’t noisy. In that peaceful mind-state, such messages stand out from ordinary thought.
Aware of these five points I knew creating my bridging job could be easy. I wanted to be the evidence of that.
Of course, that’s what happened.
One day, after receiving my wife’s ultimatum, I went for a walk. While out there, I wasn’t thinking about getting a job. I was thinking about my resistance about getting one.
- I didn’t want a job that would consume all my energy like professional jobs I’ve had.
- I wanted capacity after work to work on my projects.
- I didn’t want to get up early to go to work and spend my mornings (my valuable creative time) working for someone else.
Then I caught myself. I realized I wasn’t Positively Focused thinking about what I didn’t want. I needed to think about what I did want.
So I thought instead about how a job matching everything I wanted would feel. I dropped my criteria about hours, intensity and all that. Instead, I focused on how it would feel getting a satisfying job.
I had no idea what kind of job that might be. Or how much it would pay. I was a blank slate. Fertile ground for my Inner Being.
Matching my physical reality with my Inner Reality is the best way to hear impulses from my Inner Reality. So while I walked, I thought “how would my Inner Being feel about me having the perfect job?”
What came to me was:
That was the message I wanted. It came out of the question. It wasn’t me thinking that thought. The thought came on its own.
Now that I received that feeling impulse, I next put attention on these emotions. Jubilance, appreciation, triumph and joy…I let them build. The longer I lingered on them, the better and better I felt.
Soon I felt great, over-the-top positivity. And how could I not? Jubilance, appreciation, triumph and joy feel great, right?
After three minutes…
The name of the company I would work at appeared in my head. I knew it wasn’t me thinking that name because my thoughts were on the good feelings. Besides, that company name wouldn’t have come into my head. I rarely think about it.
Nothing else followed the name of that company. It came so suddenly, then it was gone. I was thrilled and fascinated. I felt no resistance at all. It happened just like my Inner Being said it would.
Eager and excited, I continued my walk.
At the end of my walk, I sat alongside a river’s edge. I pulled out my phone and looked up this company. Was I surprised to see they were hiring? Nope.
I applied on the spot. In an hour, I got a hire date contingent on next steps. First I had to video record one-minute answers to three questions. Later that week, I had to pee in a cup. The proctor told me supposing no disqualifying indications, I would start on my start date.
And that’s what happened. In less than a week, I went from wondering about a job, to getting one. No resume prep. No searches. No interviews. Only a piss test.
As surprising as how that job happened was how much I enjoyed working that job. It was fun. I enjoyed people I worked with. And when the end of the bridging job came, it came in ways equally as amazing as it started.
But that’s part three
That job offered everything I needed at that time; enough income to cover all my basic needs plus a little spending money, and shift work allowing ample morning time to meditate and work on my projects. The work itself was easy and left lots of mental leeway to practice being Positively Focused.
It also was energizing, physically rigorous and attention-consuming work so my 8-hour shifts flew by.
Getting the job this way showed how powerful being Positively Focused is. It also showed how faith is unnecessary. Tangible evidence is overwhelming if one looks where it is. Looking there lowers resistance, which makes manifesting easier.